Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx allways incomplete

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx allways incomplete
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 16:59:54 -0800

On netcom, we are lucky to have user wcheung putting up new
"fm" versions of lynx as "testlynx", in his own ($$) disk area,
for us all to use and test out.

However, when I look at the "lynx user manual" that "comes with"
his version (which seems to be the proper one), I cannot find
references to the new features I have read about as they appeared
here on lynx-dev -- the one I would most like to try is multiple
bookmark files.

Is there a more up-to-date lynx-user-manual?

Is there a way to find out the new features and how to use
them (so we can TEST them before final release) other than
downloading the sources and finding a CHANGES file -- most of
which would likely be about low level code issues rather than
high-level "user issues"?

Even if not in "final form", would be useful (if doesn't already
exist) to have just catted-together bunch of emails describing
user-accessable features that are new.   Cleaning it up for
inclusion in a "final" lynx user manual can be done later --
perhaps by mere users like me, even, once we get some experience
in USING the new features....

;
;