Re: LYNX-DEV numbered linx: 2 suggestions

From: Doug Lawson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered linx: 2 suggestions
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 18:14:44 -0500 (EST)

> "... numbering links is for novices"???????
> No, numbering links is for people who HATE having to use MICE and
> ... <snip>...
>
> Anyway, I think it is a more "religious" issue than "novice vs
> advanced user" issue.

No doubt about that in my mind.  When I last installed some patches, and
forgot to set the config file for numbered links, our help desk was
flooded with calls and complaints.  Well, maybe not flooded, but it was
busy.  Most of them were pretty embarrased when they found out how easy
it was to change the settings, however.

Doug Lawson
acting Sailor Data Administrator

;