Re: LYNX-DEV Time for Lynx 2.7?

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Time for Lynx 2.7?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 13:18:30 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Everything in Hiram's Composite is in the FM code set, so that's
> not an issue at the moment, but don't forget Klaus's stuff for dealing
> with > 255 character encodings.   Though it may not seem urgent at the
> moment, in due time absence of such support will make Lynx "obsolete" in
> more than just the "personal opinion" sense.

Kalus' stuff is urgent, at least for me and everybody else living in
ISO-8859-2 countries. People make their pages only in Windows encoding,
and start to mark the pages as text/html; charset=Windows-1250, so normal
lynxes can't handle that.. :-(

By the way, would it be possible to change the behaviour of lynx
encountering a wrong MIME type (such as text/x-server-parsed-html) or
wrong character-set from the current

text/x-server-parsed-html  D)ownload, or C)ancel

to something like this:

text/x-server-parsed-html  D)ownload, C)ancel or I)gnore

With the wrong charset, I would vote for something like

D)ownload, C)ancel, I)gnore, S)et this charset as default

And when I'm at my wishes, my favorite one - would it be possible to make
the "Raw 8-bit or CJK m(O)de" saveable?

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden