Re: LYNX-DEV Update patch for the v2.7 LYMainLoop.c

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Update patch for the v2.7 LYMainLoop.c
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 12:07:35 -0500 (EST)

Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>> Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> >Unfortunately it didn't solve the main problem with the bookmarks, which
>> >is removing a link when the bookmarks file is also the startfile.
>
>> I do not have the problem you describe with the patched LYMainLoop.c. Note
>> that the effort to determine whether the startfile is a bookmark file not
>> accessed by a bookmark file accessing command depends on the TITLE having
>> been left as that defined by BOOKMARK_TITLE,
>
>That's the point! Since I first began using Lynx I changed the title in my
>bookmarks file to "Bookmarks" and it always worked until a certain point of
>Lynx2-6FM. Now I changed the title from "Bookmarks" to "Bookmarks file", how
>BOOKMARK_TITLE is defined in LYBookmark.h, and it works as supposed. If that
>behaviour of checking the bookmarks file by its title is kept in Lynx, users
>should be warned to never change the title of the bookmarks file.
>
>> Having a TITLE corresponding to BOOKMARK_TITLE is not, itself, sufficient,
>> to have the file treated as a bookmark file, and the TITLE is checked
>> *only* for the startfile (followed by the path and bookmark file array
>> validation procedure).
>
>Why couldn't we use DEFAULT_BOOKMARK_FILE instead of BOOKMARK_TITLE for
>checking that the file is a bookmarks file?

        I'm certain, Ismael, that if you took three deep breaths to
snap out of "whining to lynx-dev" mode, you could actually figure that
out yourself:

   With multi bookmark support you could have up to 26 different
   bookmark files.  How many of them could be recognized via the
   URL for the default bookmark file?

      [ ] All 26 of them.
      [ ] 17.
      [ ] 13 5/8.