Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Download problems

From: Sara Bradley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Download problems
Date: 25 Feb 97 01:18:05 GMT

> On 24 Feb 1997, Sara Bradley wrote:
>
> >     I am unable to download via Lynx to my local drive if I am using
> > Rsh shell.  Everything looks as if it is working when I save to disk -
> > no error messages, however, the downloaded file is no where to be
> > found!
> >     If I use any other shell (ksh) the download works fine.
> >
> >     Any clues as to what might be the problem with Rsh users and Lynx
> > 2.6?
>
> I am unclear on two points.  Did it work before Lynx2.6?  Also, are you
> running Lynx on the same computer you are downloading to or are you using
> a terminal emulator and some sort of file transfer (like xmodem)?
>
> For a direct download to the computer running Lynx, Lynx uses the cp
> command to put a copy of the temp file into the requested place.
>
> Wayne

    Yes, Lynx was working with Rsh on an older version (lynx 2.2),
then I upgraded to 2.4, and this was when my download
problems started, everyone advised me then to upgrade to 2.6.

    Yes, Lynx is running on the same machine that I am downloading
too.  I am running Lynx on a Dec Alpha using Digital Unix 4.0B.

    Sara Bradley
    University of NOrth Alabama
    address@hidden
;