Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:00:00 -0500 (EST)

> May I have a copy, please.  address@hidden

Done.

>     I'll put an upgrade on my TODO list.

> Mebbe after the dust settles on this thread?

  My TODO list is quite large, and I've been short on time for volunteer
things.  It might take a while, and I've been wanting to do the upgrade
for some time now.

> If we have a private newsgroup that lives only on the FLORA server,
> would Lynx post to it?  Maybe not 'cuz of access via nntp: URL?

  This is a 'gated newsgroup'.   Those reading the group as Email would
notice no difference from what is happening now.    Essentially what
happens is that each message that comes through the mailing list would
also have a copy sent to the newsgroup.   When someone 'posts' to the
newsgroup, the message is sent to the 'moderator' which is actually the
mailing list itself.

--
 Russell McOrmond, Consultant: <http://www.flora.org/russell/>
 NCF 1997 AGM - Additional resources <http://www.flora.org/russell/ncf/>