LYNX-DEV PC user problem

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV PC user problem
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 17:19:03 -0500 (EST)

970329 D Kelly ( address@hidden ) wrote:
> I use lynx via my ISP which is the pc user group in Harrow England,
> I would like to know how to get my cursor controls to work
> eg cntrl A does not get me to the beginning of a document and I
> have to spend ages cursoring up.

Dos Lynx is out there, but not supported in an upto-date version;
there is a good version for Windows.
i don't know myself whether the ^A problem is inherent in Dos Lynx
or arises from something set up by your ISP.
where is your  lynx.cfg  file? have a look there at the comments.

> I like lynx and my non windows environment very much and my internet access
> is much quicker than using my logon at work which is a modern netscape
                                                         ^^^^^^
ugh! not compared with Lynx 2-7 for UNIX/VMS or Lynx for Win32!

> windows access.
>
> Can you help or put me in touch with someone who can?

you've come to the right place, but it's a busy day
& i'm not one of the more knowledgable people in this volunteer news list.
hopefully, someone with better knowledge of Dos Lynx will reply too.

> how do i tell if I am running the latest lynx for dos version

enter  o  for the options page, which should tell you the version number.

> & what can I do if I am running an old version & want a newer one for dos?

i believe there's only one version for Dos:
goto  lynx.browser.org , where you should find copious help on Lynx.

;