LYNX-DEV Saving files with Content-Encoding=gzip or compress

From: Hynek Med
Subject: LYNX-DEV Saving files with Content-Encoding=gzip or compress
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:25:30 +0200 (MET DST)

Using the patch-o-mat (which is great, BTW, I specially like the "Output
compression" thing), I found that lynx saves the file, which was
transferred compressed and then decompressed by lynx, still as .gz. This
isn't IMHO logical, because the file isn't compressed anymore..

So here's my suggestion: when saving a file, which was sent compressed
with Content-Encoding, drop the trailing .gz or .Z, and perhaps change
.tgz to .tar, too.

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden