Re: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 07:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

> It sounds like ProCom is correctly emulating a Wyse 50.  The wy50's
> attribute handling is just about unusable for a program like Lynx.  It
> can only display one attribute on a screen, unless the program is
> willing to put up with "magic cookies".  These are special non-displayed
> characters which cause an attribute change, but also take up a character
> cell on the display.  It is possible to display:
ah yes.  There is some partly-tested code in ncurses (1.9.9g & up) for
magic cookies.  If you don't mind 2-3 passes to get it tested, I'm willing
to try.

For this, you'll need the development version of Lynx, and preferably
ncurses 4.0 + patches (ftp.clark.net:/pub/dickey/ncurses).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden