Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx visibility.

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx visibility.
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 18:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

> 3.Various things may be hurting the broader acceptance of Lynx, including
>   the perception that everyone who uses Lynx is of the Luditte persuasion,

        Indeed, and that's an incorrect assumption.  I'll repost
something I wrote on c.i.w.a.html: apologies if you've already seen
it.

Someone who has since changed his mind wrote:
: On the same subject, WHO are those people using Lynx??? I mean, most major
: corporations who give Web access to their employees are nowadays running
: graphical OSes. Could we be talking here about home users for the most
: part, using "antiquated" computers (and I say that in all respect...really)

        Or perhaps they work for a Web design firm and spend their day
writing CGI programs, as I do, and use Lynx for debugging; thus it's
easiest to use Lynx for random browsing as well.  It's *much* easier
to debug complicated sites in Lynx, because I can hit the ']' key and
view the result of a HEAD request for a document, like so:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Netscape-Commerce/1.12