Re: LYNX-DEV lynx on www.microsoft.com

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx on www.microsoft.com
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 16:06:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Lynx should treat ALT=""  just the same way it treats a missing ALT , by
> reporting [LINK] , with a number if links-are-numbered.  there's no
> reason to expect authors to make some use of the distinction between the
> two cases to warn readers that some links are to silly graphics, rather
> than useful visual information (even if the official rules say so).

I have every reason to believe that if someone took the trouble to put in
ALT="" then they meant it not to be viewable to text browsers.  By
changing that behavior we will break the intended look of MANY web pages.

Now, as far as <a href="a-url-for-crawlers"></a> goes...isn't that what
this is for:

l  LIST   list the references (links) in the current document

A beautiful feature!

Wayne

;
;