Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and braille

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and braille
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 09:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

> From: address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487)
> Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 07:51:49 -0400
> For the benefit of enlightening those of us who are multi-sense deprived
> (otherwise known as sighted), could someone describe for us how one uses
> lynx and braille?  Is there somehow a Braille 'screen' that one can use
> with cursor positioning, etc.?

I've never used a braille display but know several people who do.
From what I gather, a braille display has one line 80 chars wide (at least the
more expensive models) that lets you read a line at a time from the virtual
screen.  There are also additional "dots" of information below the
characaters that indicate cursor position, and who knows what else.
I don't know how it handles other screen attributes or general navigation.
But braille displays are quite effective.

Anyone feel free to add more if they know more...
--le

;
;