Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 21:59:10 -0500 (EST)

Al Gilman <address@hidden> wrote:
>Does the new twiddle handling apply to what the user supplies for
>their bookmark file in the options menu?  Can the user now enter
>~/my_lynx_bookmarks.html and have it work?

        The format is just the filename if it's in $HOME, or a lead "./"
if it's in a subdirectory off $HOME.  If the user enters ~/filename
then Lynx will change it to just filename and display that, so the user
can see how to do it right for subsequent entries.  If the user enters
~/subdirectory/filename Lynx makes if ./subdirectory/filename and
displays that, so the user can see how to do it right for subsequent
entries.  It's been that way is the v2.7 release, and thus there has
never been a need for twiddling of the sort you suggest (just for
reading and understanding :).

                                Fote