Re: LYNX-DEV New update.

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New update.
Date: 07 Aug 1997 11:59:18 -0600

WB> Has anyone really tried the www.cygnus.com win32 compiler?  I
WB> don't want to invest a lot of time downloading and testing to be
WB> dissapointed (like last time), so if someone has tried it i'd like
WB> to chat about it.  It would be nice to be able to revert back to a
WB> mainstream compile for the win32 version.

I haven't tried the Cygnus GNU Win32 compiler, but I have to say that I
would really like to see the DOS and win32 versions go to a mainstream
compiler (ie, gcc).  Among other things, this would make it much
easier for me to get the development versions of Lynx running on OS/2,
since there'd be more appropriate makefiles, etc for me to work from.
Needless to say, autoconf doesn't work too well on OS/2.