Re: LYNX-DEV Blather

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Blather
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:19:27 +0900 (JST)

> Built the .h files in src\chrtrans with makew32.bat
[...]
> The ide file is just a big project description file.  I never really
> figured out if I should be trying to generate makefiles out of it,

Wayne, haven't you or someone else already generated makefiles for Win32?
In ac-0.79 (and way before that) there are "MAKEFILE.W32" files in both
the top and src/chrtrans directories, which say "Borland C++ IDE generated
makefile".  Also, I didn't find "makew32.bat" (because it's no longer
needed?).  For the file INSTALLATION, I was hoping for instructions that
were more like ``type "make -f MAKEFILE.W32" in such and such directory'',
or whatever commands should be typed in at the prompt.  (Or am I way out
in left field, and Lynx for Win32 is compiled completely within the
Borland C++ overlay, or something?)  What I'm saying is, I don't think
I could figure out how to compile Lynx for Win32 with just the instructions
in INSTALLATION as it stands now ("http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/
INSTALLATION.gz" - Section IV.), whereas I think I could for the other 3
ports.  Perhaps after I see the ide file I'll understand what's going on.
Is the ide file Borland C++ specific?  If the ide file functions anything
like the *.com or *.mms files for VMS, then it should be in the distribution
(contrary to what I said earlier).

__Henry
;
;