Re: LYNX-DEV Re: commas (eg 4,863,806) in download byte-cnts

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: commas (eg 4,863,806) in download byte-cnts
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:28:54 -0400 (EDT)

971015 Klaus Weide wrote:
> Different languages/countries may use different characters for grouping
> in numbers.

all too true, but there is an official SI -- Systeme International -- style,
which is to separate digits in 3's by SPACES, leaving commas for those of us
-- incl me & many Europeans -- who prefer them to decimal points
as easier to pick out & not susceptible to confusion with multiplication.

would spaces serve the purpose above?
anyway, please don't insert commas into integers.

;