Re: LYNX-DEV resize bug in lynx on SunOS

From: Alex Lyons AEA Technology Winfrith
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV resize bug in lynx on SunOS
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 11:30:12 GMT

 See the thread in October "LYNX-DEV How to change screen size??":
   http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1097/msg00691.html

 Following on from that earlier discussion:

 I apologise that I should have made clear that my patches of last June
 were for the "Fotemods" version (which I see has now disappeared).
 I have read with interest the various responses.  All I can say is that
 the patches work fine for me (SunOS 4.1.3, sunview or X-openwindows,
 standard curses): if I resize my shelltool or xterm either smaller
 or larger, on the next keystroke lynx will reload and reformat the
 document to fit the new size; no problems with line wrapping, and
 no apparent rendering inefficiency.  As I said in June, the idea is
 to get initscr to allocate a large enough buffer to accommodate any
 likely window resize - once allocated (this particular version of)
 curses will happily use a smaller size.

 No doubt there are better or more elegant ways of doing it, and
 I should probably be using ncurses or slang anyway.  For anyone
 else using standard curses on Suns (eg: Jon Sherling) however,
 this initscr trick might work for them too.

 Looking forward to a new "official" release,

 Alex Lyons.
;
;