Re: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx Problems...

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx Problems...
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:12:50 +0000 (GMT)

> The database I am trying to log into is the QIP IP Management database
> written by Quadritek (www.quadritek.com).  This is a database which is
> based on Sybase and uses a Windows client or a WWW client in order to
> access it.

Unless you can offer a publically accessible URL that exhibits the fault
you will need to turn on tracing and supply the trace log.  Unfortunately
this tends to be quite big, so if you are absolutely sure you won't
remove anything important, you should try to prune it to the essentials.

Note that unpruned logs and test sites which require any form of login
tend to discourage people from looking at the problem.

> ------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_5013.349126af.gwmwt03
>
> eJ8+IikLAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5N
> aWNyb3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAEEgAEAFwAAAFdpbjMyIEx5bngg

Never send binary attachments to mailing lists.  This isn't even done
properly as multipart/alternate, and with a correct MIME type for the
rich text alternative.  However even the printable, pseudo HTML, used
by Outlook and its Netscape competitors, is frowned upon in mailing lists
and newsgroups (well actually it makes postings in most new newsgroups
off charter), and they do use correct MIME typing.

Definitely complain to the email software writer that they are not using
MIME correctly.  Multipart/mixed means that there are several related, but
independent documents, not one document in two different formats.