LYNX-DEV Relocation problem

From: Brennan Stehling
Subject: LYNX-DEV Relocation problem
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:47:19 -0600

I have been having a problem with relocating with a form.

Sometimes I post a message to be processed by a cgi script with the result
being a "Location" header that sends it to a new page, such as a
thank you page.  Or more importantly, I am submitting a url and asking
it to send me to that url.

http://apu.dct.com/athletics/varsity.htm

The problem is that lynx wants to send the post information to the final
html document, but displays an error message since it is not a cgi
script that is prepared to receive that information.

Is this the way it should be?  I do not have this problem with the big
two browsers (IE, N.)  They simply send it and do not give an error message.
Is this a flaw in the http protocol?  I have read documentation on http
and have done cgi scripting for quite a while, but do not know of a way
to correct this error.

If you have any input on this, let me know.

--
Brennan Stehling -
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are just details.