Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: James Spath
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:17:38 -0400

On Apr 9,  8:50am, David Trueman wrote:
} As I have stated on this list before, we have done a thorough (though not
} 100%) job of internationalising Lynx with gettext. ("We" is CSuite
} Networking Coop Ltd. -- we have prepared an almost turnkey Community Net
} solution which we now have on CD -- see http://csuite.ns.ca)
} We also have the French translation of the gettext messages, done
} professionally by Robert Cormier.  The only reason that we have not
} distributed these changes is because it touches so many lines of code in
} lynx that a diff is not practical and lynx is such a fast-moving target
} that integration with the latest version is a substantial amount of work.
}
} If someone wants to commit to re-integrating our changes and making it
} part of the lynx distribution, I would be pleased to make our distribution
} available to them.

I'll take a stab at it.  I have access to the source distribution, and
Tom can back out anything I mangle (right,Tom?).
--
------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: