Re: lynx-dev Win32 compilers

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Win32 compilers
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:22:16 -0400 (EDT)

> If Borland is a source of irritation for the lynx community, maybe I
> should just pack up.  When I started, tinkering with lynx was fun.  Lately
> it has become more of a channel for abuse from people who feel that they
> are more capable than I.  I already know my skills are limited and
> constant reminders are just offensive.  I was just doing the best I could
> to offer something to others that wasn't available while having a little
> fun.

This was not meant to be directed at Fote.  He has always been civil with
me.  So has the core dev team and the current contributers to the dos
port.

It just seemed like there has been so much noise about the dos port being
wrong and my attempts to compromise on the win32 code not good enough.  I
am not sure anymore if I am just holding things back.