Re: lynx-dev Win32 compilers

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Win32 compilers
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:24:27 -0400 (EDT)

980417 Wayne Buttles wrote (shortened):
> When I started, tinkering with lynx was fun.
> Lately it has become more of a channel for abuse from people who feel
> that they are more capable than I.  I already know my skills are limited
> and constant reminders are just offensive.
>
> It just seemed like there has been so much noise
> about the dos port being wrong
> and my attempts to compromise on the win32 code not good enough.

as a mere observer who has never used or commented on DOS ports,
my impression has always been that you were the recognised DOS guru,
but generally modest & quiet about your (important) contribution.

all contributions to Lynx code should be "take it or leave it";
all comments here at lynx-dev should be respectful of those who do the work.