Re: lynx-dev suppress most indents for Braille terminals

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev suppress most indents for Braille terminals
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 07:07:30 -0400 (EDT)

> 980912 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 980912 Philip Webb wrote:
> >> i've long wondered why Lynx wastes several spaces at the right margin.
> > It "wastes" one space at the right-margin, because some older versions
> > of curses (also slang) don't do wraparound consistently.
>
> i just checked the WP news story displayed by my suspended Lynx 2-8pre.2
> & it has a 3-space indent at left & ends every line of the story
> at column  <= 73 ; the Title is right-justified to column 79.
> that wastes a total of  9  spaces, ie  > 11 %  available display.
> shouldn't Lynx at least have an option to use all  79  columns?
probably - but unless it's a simple fix, it'll go into 2.8.2 - I'm
working down the list of things that _prevent_ 2.8.1 from going out, and
it's slow.

just for status: I've built dev26 on Linux, FreeBSD and OS2/ EMX, am going
to check on the Solaris build.  No new bugs that I've found, though one of
my dev26 changes has proven troublesome to port (a sed script to transform
the config definitions into C code).  Other (older) bugs that I'll do in
dev27 (I hope):

        + EMX version doesn't translate local pathnames correctly into WWW
          form (so the internal pages don't work yet).

        + between dev22/dev23, the -dump option (probably my changes) lost
          blank lines.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden