lynx-dev Partial display feature

From: Eric
Subject: lynx-dev Partial display feature
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 09:43:04 -0400

It appears that from dev(25?) up until at least pre1 (I haven't tried
pre2 yet) Lynx's partial display now displays the page as it comes in
by page, that is, the screen will remain blank until the first full page
of the html document is downloaded and rendered.  Contrast this with the
earlier handling, where the rendered webpage is displayed as each new
packet of HTML source code comes in.  Is this a deliberate change?  If it
is, could Lynx's partial display handling be modified to allow us to switch
between page-by-page rendering and packet-by-packet?
The reason packet-by-packet can come in handy, is primarily with some web-based
chats that I attend regularly.  They give you each new post immediately by not
closing the http connection and feeding the posts in the still-open http
connection as they come.  Page-by-page is obviously helpful with many other
pages, like news pages such as zdnet.com which are packed with senseless HTML
code that doesn't amount to very much anyway (only a couple pages of rendered
information out of a 40k index.html?)

--
Eric
address@hidden