Re: lynx-dev thoughts on cookie file w/multiple sessions

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev thoughts on cookie file w/multiple sessions
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:04:52 +0300 (MSK)

>> Remote server may change cookie expiration date,
>> which date should be correct from session A or from session B?

> With the way I have things up there, whichever copy of Lynx is exited first
> will be the session with the cookie that is saved.

But the second session may even be not looking for this host
while the first change cookie.

> So it's pretty much an even shot either way. I don't like this, and can't
> really think of a way to do handle this without (for example) timestamping
> individual cookies (possibly with comments in the cookie file?).

Why not to save cookies file every time we change cookie info
and create something to emulate VMS version number, probably lock file,
to re-read cookies when changed? Too much disk activities?

> The more I think about it, the more appealing a directory to store cookies
> sounds.
this is unrelated subject, time-stamp or equivalent will still necessary.