Re: lynx-dev Archive: HTML format

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Archive: HTML format
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 10:16:01 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> that doesn't answer `Who?'

No, it doesn't...  but you can do the searching for the answer as well as
I can. :)

> presumably people who write mailing-list archive software ...

The lynx-dev archive's index has a link to the home of the archiving
software at the bottom, the same is true for other archives.

Actually I followed that link, and the mhonarc page has a link to the
mhonarc mailing list archive.  It seems Al Gilman is active on that list.

It appears FLORA is using a quite old version of mhonarc.  Maybe if they
upgraded the lynx-dev Thread Index would become valid HTML and look
better in SortaSGML mode...

It also seems that mhonarc insets by default comments of the form
at the beginning of each document.  I am thinking of using those for
getting the kind of information that is missing.  But I don't know
how reliable that is, and it's only one package's way of doing things,
others may be completely different.

    Klaus