Re: lynx-dev chartrans: ALT= tag without quotes "..." problem

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev chartrans: ALT= tag without quotes "..." problem
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:23:56 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

:)990105 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
:)> I found out a problem with anchore attribute happen without quotes,
:)> namely with ALT= (but also possible with NAME= or HREF=).
:)> By some misterious reason first letter was converted to capital "I",
:)> probably the first letter was not restored from checking for existance
:)> of opening quote on some earlier parsing stage.
:)>  http://www.detki-predki.aha.ru
:)> near the top you got "Iarinka", should be "Marinka" - check '\' for source.
:)> (the text is in russian but that doesn't matter)
:)
:)i get your I/M effect with 2-8-1pre.2 ,
:)but what's puzzling me is that the source contains much opaque lettering,
:)whereas the rendered version is in nice legible latinised Russian,
:)something about children & ancestors & beneficial deportations:
:)what am i doing right ... ?
:)
I got the I/M effect also with Lynx Version 2.8.1rel.2. I downloaded the
file and saw a bunch of strange characters that I could not understand.
The only time that I got the same output (no I/M effect or other change),
was when I switched in the options menu to

 Character Set Options
  Assumed document character set   : [iso-8859-1______]
  Display character set            : [Cyrillic (windows-1251)________]
  Raw 8-bit                        : [OFF] <-- ON or OFF is the same

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html