Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:31:03 -0600 (CST)

What slang version are you using?  What terminal type?  Do things
change if you set TERM differently?

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Laura Eaves wrote:

> I just rebuilt lynx with slang to test this some more.
> I discovered that slang translates alt135 (c-with-cedilla) and
> 139 (i with 2 dots over it) to character 271 == 0x10F.
> This does not look like a problem with sign extension -- more a
> translation happening somewhere.  The problem seems to be in slang,
> not my terminal emulator, or even lynx.

Have you checked the value directly after GetChar() calls?

It's not clear what that 0x10F is - a slang code or a lynxkeycode.

Here is something you could try: Find the place in LYCurses.h where
USE_KEYMAPS is defined, comment that out, and recompile.  The code
should then fall back to the way input was handled in previous versions,
although I haven't tried whether it still compiles.

   Klaus