Re: lynx-dev Dead Code, Part 2

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dead Code, Part 2
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:25:37 +0900 (JST)

> Based on this, I think I can safely advocate the complete eradication
> of HTAAServ.c and HTHistory.c.

Not "eradication", please.  Simply delete them from the list of object
files in the makefile.in, with a comment that you have done so, and they
will not be linked in.  Either that or wrap the whole of the files in
one big ifdef (which Klaus already indicated would probably be possible
for a general use Lynx).

> In the next week or so I should be able to get around to a more
> sophisticated analysis of the dead code in lynx, using a graph algorithm
> to look for unattached call trees.

Don't get me wrong, though, what you are doing (and have been doing; it has
not gone unnoticed) is a Godsend to Lynx and VERY welcome from this corner.

__Henry