Re: lynx-dev 'N' for backwards 'n' like "less"?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'N' for backwards 'n' like "less"?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:30:59 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Chuck Martin wrote:

> But less *does* use ? for a backward search, just like vi.  N means
> "repeat last search, but in the reverse direction," which means that
> if your last search was already a reverse search (initiated by a ?),
> then N will search forward through the file.  I vote for using a ?, as
> others have suggested, to avoid confusion for those of us who are used
> to both vi and less.

I would like to urge keeping "?" for help. I also use vi and less and
feel comfortable with this use of the "?" key. But please remember
that many lynx users are not sophisticated computer users. Using "H"
is not intuitive for help (especially if vi keys are on and "h" is the
same as a left arrow). Anyone sophisticated enough to be familiar with
the vi and less use of "?" can map it using the KEYMAP facility in
their own lynx.cfg file to backward search (assuming they are not in a
restricted login).
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman