Re: lynx-dev 'N' for backwards 'n' like "less"?

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'N' for backwards 'n' like "less"?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:46:39 -0800 (PST)

*** Doug Kaufman (address@hidden) wrote on Mar 24, 1999:
:)
:) I would like to urge keeping "?" for help. I also use vi and less and
:) feel comfortable with this use of the "?" key. But please remember
:) that many lynx users are not sophisticated computer users.

  If I have a vote, I would like to vote for "?" for help instead of
backward search. I am a pine user who associates "?" with help. It even
makes sense to me to use "?" for help. I completely agree with the last
sentence above, making the case for Lynx not to try to mimic any other
program. Maybe one way out of this is simply to include as part of the "vi
keys" for navegation, the key "?" for backward search, only if you have
enabled the vi keys (Oops, will someone apply induction here?). I can see
the logic behind backward search mapped to "N" instead. Since I hate vi
keymaps (personal taste) I would love to use "N" for backward search.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html