Re: lynx-dev batch-mode cookies ?

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev batch-mode cookies ?
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:52:57 +0400 (MSD)

9-Apr-99 19:25 Hugo Rabson wrote:
> On 09-Apr-99 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>> 9-Apr-99 08:05 Hugo Rabson wrote:
>>> I've written a script which navigate Hotmail & forwards new emails to a
>>> local mail spool. The thing is, it no longer works because Hotmail now
>>> requires cookies & Lynx won't accept or send cookies when it's run in
>>> batch mode (non-interactive mode).
> [...]
>>> (I'm running Lynx 2.8.2-3).
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is a development version
>>                              (2.8.2 has not released yet)
>>                              try the recent development version -
>>                              the link is available from '=' Info Page

> I'm now running Lynx 2.8.2dev21 and the problem is the same: I don't get a
> persistent cookie file in batch mode. That is, the cookie file _exists_ &
> was created by Lynx in batch mode, but it's empty. I've compiled
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmm... That may be a problem when "persistent_cookies" does set to FALSE:
looking into LYMain.c I found out that "if (persistent_cookies)"
check really lost:

#ifdef EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES
        /*
         *  We want to save cookies picked up when in immediate dump
         *  mode.  Instead of calling cleanup() here, let's only call
         *  this one. - BJP
         */
        LYStoreCookies(LYCookieFile);
#endif /* EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES */

so cookies may be saved but never loaded next session.

> persistent cookies in & set the options in lynx.cfg so that persistent
> cookies worked just fine under Lynx in _interactive_ mode.

But that may have nothing with your problem.
I am not a cookie expert, sorry.
Try starting lynx -trace and compare Lynx.trace files from interactive
and noninteractive mode, this will give a hint.