Re: lynx-dev directories & folders

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev directories & folders
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

"lang" (Greg Matheson) wrote:
> Folders are all the way through the pine and mutt documentation,
> no doubt because mail can be held in a file in mbox format, or in a
> directory in MH or Maildir format. Pine doesn't have MH or
> Maildir format, I think, but the documentation still uses the
> words 'folders' in 'collections.'

Collections of binary files aren't usually called folders.  But that
mail likes to use "folders" to a special purpose, and that lynx is not
a mail agent (or a complete one, if you argue the ability to send mail
makes it one) suggests we should not use that term.

Honestly, I think Mac folks can figure out what we're talking about
when we say "directory".  They're already looking at lynx, which isn't
very much in the Mac mold.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         address@hidden
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - address@hidden
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078