Re: lynx-dev re COPYHEADER COPYING

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev re COPYHEADER COPYING
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 07:20:30 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Henry Nelson said:

> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:08:38 +0900 (JST)
>
> I do not agree it is a good solution because 1) the link will forever
> have to be verified, 2) the version of the GPL might be different from
> the one Lynx was originally licensed under, and 3) it means that for the
> help-file set to be complete a connection has to be made to the internet.
> The whole purpose of providing an easy installation target is to avoid
> these problems.

We're far from that goal; that page contains 17 other links; 14 to the
internet, only 3 local.

As for your remarks in another post:

  Just for the record, there was no intention on my part to be critical.
  Both you, Gil, and Kim do such good work for Lynx.  I can't hold a candle.

Surely no offense taken; discussion in this thread has been constructive,
perhaps even above the norm for lynx-dev.  :-)

-- gil