Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev8: CPU problems connecting to a site

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev8: CPU problems connecting to a site
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:47:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> sorry - I didn't consider the problem of runaway recursion, but had in mind
> that there would be a lot of potentially dead code to prune away (ifdef'd).

Well it's a bug that your change has uncovered.  The function in question
should be generic enough that it doesn't depend on any specific charsets
being actually available.  I think it is, with the execption of the
Windows 1252 and 1250.

> The with-charsets option is intended to address the concerns of some people
> about the runtime size of lynx as well as to get a handle on what it would
> take to provide runtime-loadable charsets.

Is the opposite logic possible, include all _but_ the following?

   Klaus