Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things

From: Janina Sajka
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:22:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 address@hidden wrote:
> >
> > page to the last screenful of some Web page, it happens to have a text
> > input field near the top.  Normally you'd press Left Arrow to go back
> > and not even notice there was an input field.  (If you're in human
> > "browsing mode", not in "I want to fill in forms" mode.)  Now (with the
> > sticky-of-the-2nd-kind setting) the input field requires taking notice

Hmmm. I guess this could describe one difference between a blind user and
a sighted user. Seems the argument is that inattention is to get
preferential treatment? Most blind users I know would not jump to blaming
the application in this kind of circumstance, but themselves for not
paying attention, i.e., it happens all the time and one just copes.

Now, how about putting a Ctrl-G with the left arrow? Then, in the text
input field, you'd have multi-media to help you understand why you didn't
hit the previous page. I know I would like:

        a.)     The sticky behavior;
        b.) To know why left-arrow didn't hit previous page quickly, i.e.
by sound.