Re: lynx-dev Problems of DOS port (dev12)

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems of DOS port (dev12)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:20:54 +0200

Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> said:

>On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Harri Tuominen wrote:
>
>> I downloaded dev12 from Doug Kaufman's site and noticed two problems.
>>
>> When I use Lynx it occasionally gives a few error messages. When this
>> happens, the only chance is to press control-break and interrupt the
>> Lynx session. The message was something like this:
>> Pcpkt.c (1152): pkt_inf == NUL

This simply means that someone is trying to use (send/receive) the packet-
driver after it's released. i.e. after stop_curses() is called.
Seems to be caused by wrong call order for some atexit() functions.

Anyway, the message is only important to developers. Maybe Watt-32
in Lynx should remove this message. It's macro ASSERT_INF() in .\src\pcpkt.c

>What exactly did you do that triggered lynx to hang? Or is it the computer
>hanging when you attempt to exit lynx? Dev.12 was compiled with PDCURSES
>for those who wanted to do BIOS writes rather than direct screen writes
>(apparently helpful with some screen readers). I wouldn't expect this to
>make a big difference, but the PDCURSES version with WATT-32 has not
>been extensively tested.

Gisle V.