Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.21

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.21
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:56:36 +0300 (MSK)

26-Feb-2000 11:44 T.E.Dickey wrote:

>> 2) cfg2html: could you, Tom, add this call for "make install-help"
>> section to install generated files into lynx_help/ tree (and alter a
>> couple of links in lynx_main_help.html and lynx_users_guide.html
>> accordingly).
> that's debatable (I recall a great deal of heated debate over this).
> maybe not as a default, but adding to the makefile to make it simple
> to install.

That debate was of two different points:
a) maintanence of two different instances of the same text is a bad
design (no problem now since html file is generated automatically).

b) extra disk usage by "body.html", ~200K (a vote by Henry).
I think this is not a big problem, we could stay with
"make install-cfg-help" or so, having in mind that --enable-gzip-help
should also work for that files if it is the case.