Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with nmh problems

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with nmh problems
Date: Tue, 9 May 100 12:09:12 -0400 (EDT)

> > actually it's an unusual condition (I don't recall many other applications
> > that have to circumvent broken umask's).
>
> I don't call it broken - it's just unexpected.  A program that fails
> in obscure ways when faced with unexpected input is broken.

whatever.

you already made your point, I thought, and when I get back to lynx patches,
I'll modify it to accommodate that (unless there's a patch to integrate).
Moving the logic for the temporary directory down a level to invoke it
on demand (and repairing the umask as needed) is the better solution.

--
Thomas E. Dickey  <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com