Re: lynx-dev UTF-8 display questions (was: Superscripts)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev UTF-8 display questions (was: Superscripts)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:16:30 -0400

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 07:18:00PM +0700, Sergei Pokrovsky wrote:

>   Thomas> On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:
>   >> On 8 Jun 2000, Sergei Pokrovsky wrote: > I really had install
>   >> fresh ncurses and xterm; but lynx didn't want > to compile with
>   >> ncurses (at least, not the native cc, which had many > objections
>   >> against the lynx code, like ; after cpp-expanded structure
>   >>
>   >> Maybe Tom is interested in pursuing this...
>
>   Thomas> yes (need more information)
>
> The complete config.log I send privately.

It looks as if the test for attributes fails because you have installed
ncurses like this:
        /usr/local/include/curses.h
        /usr/local/lib/libncurses.a

gcc finds /usr/local/include/curses.h before /usr/include/curses.h, and
does not see libncurses.a in this case as -lcurses.   I recommend that
people use the configure option --disable-overwrite, which gives this:
        /usr/local/include/ncurses/curses.h
        /usr/local/lib/libncurses.h

so gcc does not accidentally pick up curses.h when it is looking for
the libcurses.

in ncurses, wattrset is a macro that uses wattr_off
in solaris curses, wattrset is either defined to w32attrset, or it is a
function.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com