Re: lynx-dev local download over telnet

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev local download over telnet
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:34:23 -0400

> It certainly seems that kermit is the more robust protocol. Zmodem may
> be faster on clean 8 bit connections. Both protocols suffer, however,
> from buggy implementations, which may make it seem that the protocol
> is ineffective. For zmodem over telnet, you may want to use the "-e"
> option, which escapes all control characters. Most DOS implementations
> that I have seen other than those by Chuck Forsberg of Omen Technology
> seem broken. I would make sure that I was using dsz/gsz/zcomm/pro-YAM

actually, the last one I tested was Omen's (not that it seems to make much
difference).  It simply wouldn't download.  I didn't spend any time debugging
it - when I first tried that with zmodem some years ago, it was rather
ugly code that didn't port well (that was apparently right after Omen put
out their version, and _that_ didn't work any better, and had to boot that
annoying copyright notice - so I was disinclined to fix it).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com