Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error

From: Phil Sidler
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:07:28 -0800

> > > Tom, have you any suggestions on style?
> >
> > not offhand - LYCharVals.h looks like a good place to patch.
> >
> Patch (attached) seems to fix it.

Thanks gil, the patch does seem to work OK (tho I applied it manually).

Have you tried compiling lynx with optimization?  This is where I was
getting an 0C4 abend back in June on V2R8.  Same on V2R9 with current
maintenance. Well, no thanks to level 2, I discovered that the listing for
LYGetFile had INFORMATIONAL messages CBC5051 and CBC5052 which mean that
auto function inlining had trouble.  This can be turned off and doing so
circumvents the 0C4 abend.  So, now I am using the following...

CFLAGS="-2 -Wc,'INLINE(NOAUTO,,,)' -Wl,EDIT=NO -D_ALL_SOURCE" ./configure

Regards,

Phil Sidler
Airborne Express