Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx Binaries for Solaris

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx Binaries for Solaris
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:43:04 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:52:18PM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> Actually, the problem isn't that the source doesn't compile - it's that
> the resulting binary does highlighting significantly different.  Whereas
> the previous (dev18) binary for terminal type (dtterm or screen overtop
> of a Mac NTSA telnet client) gives me a white background
> with black, blue and red lettering (depending on the text characteristics),
> dev20 (I don't recall whether I actually tried dev19) gives me a black back
> ground and white lettering for dtterm or white background with red lettering
> on the Mac/Screen combo.

I saw the report, but did not think of an explanation (other than suspecting
that it was something in your build environment) - though I just had a passing
thought which might be relevant.  If you had built ncurses with the wide-chars
option and installed the header files, then you would have possibly two ncurses
libraries and one set of headers, matching one of the libraries.  That would
make the bits for attributes & colors shifted so it wouldn't match (iirc, the
effect is monochrome with odd variations in inverse video).

Other than that - your config for dev.19 didn't show that it was built with
ncurses.  I suggested that you rebuild the earlier versions so we can check to
see which factor shows the bug (assuming your build environment stays the
same).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com