Re: lynx-dev Download does not Allow Save

From: Arun Prabhakaran
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Download does not Allow Save
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:23:18 -0500 (GMT)

I am able to view pages outside my proxy. Unless, I want to view grtaphics on
the web, I always use lynx. I downloaded my new version of lynx from
sunfreeware.com . But my problem as I said is that, I press the 'D' key to
download a file, it downloads and prompts me to save. Then when I give the path
to save, it says that it is doing a save. But when I check the path, there is no
file there ... Secondly, I dont know to use kermit or zmodem, although I
downloaded kermit and tried to download with it. but it didnt help, since I was
not able to do it.

Arun

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, James Phillips wrote:

> --- Arun Prabhakaran <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I have been using 2.8rel.2 version. Here, after I download the a
> > file, it
> > comes up with a link to save data; and it saves too.
> >
> >    But now I have got 2.8.3rel.1 version. Here, it does offer the
> > link to save
> > the data. But there it does not save it to the disk. I checked the
> > manuals and
> > found that, I have to use something called an Alternate Download
> > Method using
> > Kermit or ZModem. Is there any way, I can make it work like my
> > previous version?
> >
> >    My problem is that I am behind a firewall with a proxy. Can
> > anybody help me
> > out?
> >

> > Regards
> > Arun
>
> This may seem obvious, but is your new version of lynx trying to save
> in the same location?
> Try comparing lynx.cfg files. If you can veiw webpages on the
> other side of the proxy, you should be able to save them.
>
> -james
>
> =====
> James Phillips
> ***Cut through the HYPE!: try the LYNX browser***
> DOS/Win32: http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.html
> MacOS: http://www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/maclynx/
> UNIXish/other ports: http://lynx.browser.org

The day when Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
will probably be the day they start to make vaccuum cleaners.
                                         -- Anon