Re: lynx-dev (OT) HTML Button Question

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (OT) HTML Button Question
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:09:51 +0900 (JST)

> I simply want to be able to decouple the text in the QUERY_STRING sent
> to the server from the text appearing at the browser.  I recognize that
> I could do this by making "Preview" and "Download" Options in YA

Right now I'm working on building my final tests so this problem is fresh
in my mind.  I see that what I've been doing is slightly different from
what I described in posts a couple of days ago.

The submit button I have does the default action described in the text
just above the button.  (Presents the student's answers in condensed form,
and gives him/her a chance to revise the answers.)  I have a checkbox
just to the left of that button to change the action of the submission.
It doesn't seem overly clumsy to me, and because the alternate action is
dangerous (I'm turning in my test, and can't be bothered to check my work.),
having a checkbox for it perhaps makes more sense than in your case.

Anyway, if you come up with a good solution, I'd be interested in hearing
about it, on or off the list.  Thanks.

__Henry