Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:05:57 -0500

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 03:59:36PM +0000, Harry F Doherty wrote:
> Oo, how do you do that?
> I've been trying to set up "vi-keys with lynx" style navigation any
> pointers please?

It's set from the options page (press "o").  The option is labeled
"VI keys" and is under the heading "Keyboard Input".  Or did I
misunderstand your question?

> If you do this you could try citing relevant legislation eg for the uk:
> http://www.disability.gov.uk/dda/
> Although most UK goverment sites only accept feedback via forms that
> don't work without Javascript!

I'll definitely have a look at that.  I do want to cite any relevant
pages.

> I do something similar.
> Is it possible to to bind a key in screen to cycle through just the lynx
> instances?
> eg
> binding a key to exec a script that calls
> "screen -X select $NEXT_LYNX_INSTANCE" ?

I don't know any way off-hand, but I'm not a screen expert.  A cursory
examination didn't come up with anything, but you might want to give the
lynx sessions the title lynx by adding the -t option to the screen command
in lynx.cfg.  Then, press ^A followed by ", which will bring up a list of
windows by name and number, with the current window selected.  Just cursor
to one with the name lynx.  It's not as quick or automated as ^A-n, ^A-p,
or ^A followed by ' and a digit, but it isn't too hard or lengthy, either.

> And more ambitiously would it be possible to have a script update a
> jumps file of lynxexec links to "screen -X " commands emulating a
> "goto tab" page?

Possibly.  I like to think almost anything you can dream up is possible
if you put your mind to it.

I don't have any answers for your other questions off the top of my head,
either, but like I said, almost anything's possible if you put your mind
to it.  Then again, some things need modifications to Lynx.  What is
sometimes not obvious is which need changes in Lynx and which ones are
already possible with the existing mechanisms.

Chuck