Re: [Lynx-dev] text browsing

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] text browsing
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:26:49 -0500 (EST)

But lynx.isc.org is current and quite acceptable. There is plenty of evidence of active development and code maintenance in both the readable text and breakout subdirectory date stamps.

It's common for external links to degrade over time, but putting energy into maintaining clean code should be preferred over website maintenance, especially when the included and very detailed documentation is the best source of usage information.

The mailing list archives are the next best place to look when searching for specific issues.

Stefan Caunter
http://caunter.ca/contact.html

Before subscribing to the mailing-list, when I just visited the
website I thought that the project wasn't maintained at all since a
few years. Some tutorial links are broken, and executable versions for
Dos and Windows are not up to date. IMHO some little updates, not to
say an overhaul would make sense, especially for basic users like me.