Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:43:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Dafydd Crosby wrote:

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Dickey dixit:

a workable rcs2git script (last year someone asked regarding mawk,

No. git is not nice. It’s also suited only for the development model
of the Linux kernel.

Git is actually pretty easy to work with, and can be used for far more
than the kernel :-) Anyway, let's avoid that holy war ;-)

good idea.

For moving to Git, I found a fast exporter for RCS here -
http://git.oblomov.eu/rcs-fast-export
One should be able to pipe that into 'git fast-import'

That appears to be the one that failed on mawk. (I'll take another look, in case progress was made...)

I haven't found a fast-export program for PRCS, so I might have to whip that up.

;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net