Re: .ONESHELL enhancement?

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: .ONESHELL enhancement?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:23:53 +0200

Hi David,

David Boyce <address@hidden> writes:

> Of course it would be most elegant to separate commands in the string
> with "&&" in the first place rather than replacing later, but I suspect
> that due to parse order we might not have seen .ONESHELL in time to do
> this.

This depends on whether .ONESHELL applies to all the rules or only those
that were defined after .ONESHELL has been seen. It seems the only thing
SUS says about this feature is this sentence:

"It is suggested that the special target .ONESHELL be used as an
 implementation extension to achieve the single-shell grouping for
 a target or group of targets."

So I guess it can be implemented either way and still be "conforming".

Boris