Re: [Monotone-devel] NetBeans

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] NetBeans
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:28:36 -0700

Eran Klonover wrote:
A problem I have encountered when trying to design such an implementation is
that the IDE requires a state for each source file (the main need is to
display what files exist on the working directory and not on the local
database). I can't find a direct monotone command to perform that - and I
can understand why.

I think there's a basic problem with this at the moment and I've run into it as well. monotone ls unknown/missing/ignored will give the status of some files, and monotone status will give the status of others. The problem is that monotone status fails if there are missing files and so you can't use it to find out about unchanged/changed/renamed/added/dropped files until the missing files have been sorted out.

I think for sensible ide integration at least, monotone status probably needs to be able to report on the status of things regardless of the status of those things (i.e. whether some things are missing or not).

Cheers,
Derek